Monday 25 October 2010

Print asses

Assess yourself using these bandings.
0-29 no show - did not try

30-39 failed to understand

40-49 minimal application, 40 is a pass

50-59 satisfactory

60-69 really good

70-79 great

80-100 Excellent - perfect


starting 12/10/10 and 19th
How many Prints did you make this weeks? 8

How many of these taught you something new? the linocut taught me you cant really make linocuts retrospectively as you need to register and cut layers one at a time. dont start with the ending black line it will only end in disaster!

How many hours did you spend in the Printmaking Workshop? 10?

Competence in practical printmaking techniques:
59-60 I have the look I want to use and an image I can use for one of my pages I just need to practice making interesting layerings and markmaking.

Thoughtful and imaginative use of printmaking:
59 -65 not sure how thoughtful I was in making my prints but I am happy with my linocut and my monoprints have been useful in testing ideas in composition
Visual Sensibility; understanding and expressing ideas in images:56 needed a bit more help in this area as I had a hard time starting off laying out the narrative

Using research to expand knowledge, enrich thinking and affect your work: 65 have been looking though a lot of work made by artists to influence my work and have made a few pages of drawing looking at wild life programs to try to get more realistic forms in my work.

1 comment:

  1. Also really try to incorporate what you have learnt from the artists you are looking at. try to keep this a bit more updated too. Caroline B.

    ReplyDelete