Saturday 20 August 2016

Post Design Festival





Today I was in Copenhagen attending the great Post Design Festival,  run by Jody Barton and with some great talks, panels and workshops. Unfortunately I couldn't attend all the events but the ones I could get to were really funny, insightful and had everyone really excited about design and illustration. The talks by Lawrence Zeegan, Paul Davis and David Foldvari were especially good. 




I also got to explore the David Samling museum while I was there and had a great time looking through the very extensive Islamic art show: Shahama. it was full of textiles, carved buildings, ceramics, painted stories, medical instruments, painted ancient Koran pages and highly decorated coffins. I could have spent days in there. I also came across these beautiful paintings by Vilhelm Hammershoi, the name sounds familiar but I don't think I have ever seen anything by his before. His capture of light through corridors and rooms were absolutely captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment