Saturday, 31 May 2014

Photopolymer for Relief

As part of my New graduate award I've been doing some bits and bobs with Photopolymer, here's my experiment with photopolymer for relief. As you can see it's much more finely detailed than the linocut relief I did of this picture a while back. I really love the outcome, although next time I'll make sure to clean up some of the grey half tone. The half tone gives a bit more detail in some areas and makes the image a little fuzzy in others. I was really surprised with the amount of detail you can get out of photopolymer though.  Here are a few shots of the plate and a mishap along the way in which I used the wrong press to print it. In the end I used the Vandercook letter press to print the above image.

No comments:

Post a Comment